Frequently Asked Questions
• What is reviewyourbuilder.com’s mission and purpose?
• How do I begin a builder search?
• How do I submit a review?
• Can I update my review?
• Can I post reviews of other builders or new homes that I purchased?
• Which provinces are covered (for now)?
• What if the builder or city is not listed?
• What types of builders are reviewed?
• Is there any fee or cost to me to utilize this site?
• Who do I contact if I have other questions or comments regarding the website?
What is reviewyourbuilder.com’s mission and purpose?
- To provide buyers of new homes a venue to make public their unbiased, honest opinions and reviews about their respective builders, based on their personal experiences.
- To provide builders the opportunity to publicly and/or privately respond to their customers reviews.
- To provide a venue for discourse between the new home buying public and their respective builders. This venue will allow the home buyer to update their review baaed on their builder’s response to their initial review submission.
- To empower prospective new homebuyers with honest and relevant information regarding new home builders, and assist them in their new home purchasing decision.
How do I begin a builder search?
- From the home page , go to “Search Home Builders” and start keying in the name of the builder you are looking for and your builder’s name will pop up in a drop down menu.
- Or, on the home page , you can go to “Search Home Builders by Area…” and start keying in your city of interest and your city’s name will pop up in a drop down menu.
- Additionally, you can go to the “Builder Reviews” page and search there.
How do I submit a review?
- From the home page, go to “Register Now” and you will be taken to a form where you can enter all your information. You will receive an email confirmation that will link you back to the website. You can then search your builder(s) and submit your review.
Can I update my review?
- Yes, you can submit another builder review once the builder has been given an opportunity to respond and address your issues. Later on, you will have the ability to reduce or improve the ratings of your builder, or leave the review as is.
- You may also delete your review by emailing us at email@example.com
Can I post reviews of other builders or new homes that I purchased?
- Yes, you can. If you’ve bought more than one home from the same builder you can submit unique reviews for each experience. If you’ve bought homes from more than one builder you may submit a unique review for each experience.
Which provinces are covered (for now)?
- British Columbia
What types of builders are reviewed?
- All builders of all types of homes:
- High-rise, etc.
Is there any fee or cost to me to utilize this site?
- Zilch and,
Who do I contact if I have other questions or have comments regarding the website?